As part of our continuing communication program, we will be issuing you with Board Meetings notes following the monthly Board Meeting.
As a reminder, your 2017 PSA Board comprises:
- Warwick Merry CSP – President, Director & Chair
- Tarran Deane – Vice President & Director –
- Brian Waring – Treasurer | Acting Secretary
- Donna Hanson CSP
- Tony Eades
- Russell Pearson
- John Driscoll CSP
June Board Meeting
Another big agenda with a full complement of Directors at the June Meeting!
The key items were:
- Financial Position: We are in a good strong position and due diligence is being exercised. We are able to pay debts as they fall due.
We are also mindful upcoming projects, like Convention and the associated Marketing Outlays that will be incurred to leverage attendance at our 2018 March Event in Brisbane, and the consolidation of our transition piece to the 2-tiered membership: Member and CSP.
- Policies & Procedures: We are undertaking a review of past documents and developing a continuous quality improvement register, with a focus in the immediate term of developing clear role descriptions and decision making, outlining any applicable delegated financial authority. State Chapter Presidents, Convention Program Convenor & Platform Professional Convenor are first cabs off the rank, with the intention being to provide a supportive, clear framework for each of you and Margaret and Fiona of our Admin team.
- The You’ve Been Spotted campaign: The aim is continue to spread the awareness of PSA and attract ‘seasoned speaking professionals’ [hence term ‘qualified’]. Anecdotal feedback and observations suggestions this still needs further clarification about state role responsibilities and supporting frameworks. We’ll be revisiting this as a standard monthly agenda item.
- Marketing Plan: Russell Pearson and Tony Eades have developed a Marketing Plan and associated budget that was approved by the Board in this meeting. You’ll begin to notice changes immediately from July 1st, 2017 when our social media strategy begins it’s own period of transition. Tarran’s asked Russell and Tony if they can incorporate consideration for theme days, protocols and scheduled posts on the national official pages
- eSpeakers: Well, web branding guru, Director Russell Pearson has dug deep, researched, turned our website inside and out and deemed eSpeakers to be the most relevant, integrated search function for Professional Speakers Australia and the Board agreed. We will be staying with eSpeakers for the immediate future.
- Company Secretary: As a Board, individually and corporately, we have undertaken several methods to research possible candidates.
Interim Secretarial Solution: Brian Waring our PSA Treasurer has been wearing two hats, including Acting Secretary since Convention2017, in conjunction with running his own business. The administrative functions of preparation of agendas, sourcing input from Directors, collation of Board Packs, Minute Taking and follow-up actions are pretty time consuming.
The Board has discussed an interim solution until a Company Secretary is recruited, interviewed and appointed. The Board has considered real or perceived conflict of interest and deemed it reasonable and amenable to engage the temporary Admin Support of Warwick Merry’s PA at estimated 4 hours per month, maximum monthly cost of $160+gst to fulfil the functions as the interim solution.
This covers the key points coming from our board meeting. As always, we welcome any ideas, thoughts or feedback you may have about our association and what we can do to support you better.
Thanks for being part of the Professional Speakers Australia community!
2017 PSA President